This Agreement, subject to amendment, governs your use of the CDConnect and applies whenever you access CDConnect to view your patient’s images and reports.
- Terms and conditions: By agreeing to the following terms and conditions, you acknowledge that you have read and understood all requirements for the use of this service including, but not limited to, the Alberta Health Information Act and the requirements for the safety and confidentiality of identifying health information. Furthermore, you understand that failure to comply with these requirements may result in the suspension or termination of this service.
- Use of Information: Use of information accessed via CDConnect is intended to support your patient’s care. Information from CDConnect must not be accessed for any other purpose.
- Access to images and reports: You understand and agree that access to information only applies while at the facility(s) indicated within this agreement. You may view images and reports, but may not copy or store them unless using an industry standard and in compliance with the Alberta Health Information Act.
- Monitoring and audits: Canada Diagnostic Centres will conduct periodic monitoring and audits to ensure appropriate use of CDConnect.
- User Account and password: You must only use your assigned account ID and password to access CDConnect. You agree to use only your own account ID to access you patient’s images and reports and to keep your password strictly confidential. You are not to share your account or access with anyone else. Please note a complex password is required.
- Notification of Changes: It is the responsibility of the registered Applicant to notify Canada Diagnostic Centres of any change of status to the individual listed within this agreement.
Confidentiality Agreement (InteleRAD)
I accept full responsibility for the personal identification and password codes issued to me for access to the hospital’s computerized Radiological Image and Patient Information System. In order to protect the confidentiality of the information to which I am now party, I agree that:
- The Hospital computing facilities are to be used for authorized purposes and in the support of Hospital approved activities only.
- I will not attempt to access information in the Hospital computer system which is not required by my day to day responsibilities. Browsing through patient records or accessing records that are not required is strictly prohibited.
- The personal identification and password codes are assigned to me only and I must not share them with others. I will take all reasonable precautions to protect the privileges assigned to me. If I have any reason to believe that another person is aware of my password, I will immediately change it.
- I will not attempt to access or alter information in the Hospital computer system by using any user or group identification codes other than my own.
- I will not permit another person to access or alter information in the Hospital computer system under my personal identification code, after I have logged on the system.
- It is my responsibility to logout of the system when my work is complete or when I leave my station for a period of time.
- It is my responsibility to report incidences of improper and/or illegal activities which include using the hospital’s facilities for abusive and/or malicious communications. Such reports must be made immediately to your supervisor or directly to the administration.
- I understand my responsibility for respecting patient’s privacy and protecting the confidentiality of information to which I have access.
To request access to CDConnect, please fill out the registration form below. You will be contacted within 1 business week with your user account ID and password if you are eligible to receive access. Please note, you must be a registered practitioner to register for this service.